Image via Garance Dore
I’ve been meaning to do a links roundup forever. So here we are! Here are a few corners of the Internet over the past week that resonated with me. And because this is my first one, it’s also a cheat week. Some of these articles and vids are a bit older, but worth including.
- Some cool advice videos from Lena Dunham. She nailed the intro.
- On riding a bike as an adult and overcoming fear. Inspiring story by a close friend.
- I’m recycling a few good posts curated over on Wit + Delight — this one is where my head’s at, in my own way. I don’t 100% relate to this next one, but I like her style and feel like we’d be friends.
- They had me at neo-hippie.
- Ponytail #2 was from a Refinery29 story I wrote awhile back. Fun fact: It was shot in my living room and the model borrowed my shirt! (This one.)
- Behind-the-scenes look at Fashion Week through the lens of Natalie Joos. Curious to see what you think about this one.
- Gotta admit, Will Smith is so freaking likable.
- For SF’ers: I’ve been giving Amour Vert a lot of love lately. But sounds like they’re having a sweet sample sale!
- This one has been circulating far and wide but just in case you haven’t read it, The Crossroads of Should and Must. My girl Katie sent it my way.
- “Side Pieces” as performed by Drake at the 2014 ESPY Awards. He’s gutsy. Check out all those football players looking sheepish, (but kinda enjoying themselves, too).